The people that power WHOSAY, a Viacom company, are a blend of advertising, technology and media professionals who foster a spirit of creativity, commitment, innovation and teamwork. And today, you will get to know another one of our outstanding WHOSAYers:
1. Name: Gina Cucci
2. Hometown: Elk Grove Village, IL (A lovely suburb of Chicago)
3. School: Millikin University
4. Role at WHOSAY: Creative Services Coordinator – Basically, I’m encouraged to be the weirdest and wildest version of myself. What a relief.
5. Prior role: I’ve lived oh-so-many lives:
• Scheduling classes and private sessions at an upscale fitness studio
• Showing fancy apartments to people renting them for the weekend
• Explaining the difference between legging fabrics and designs
• Lighting sparklers for Wall Street dudes to drink bottles of Dom on a rooftop
• Cold calling people in a room by myself, Assisting photo and video shoots
• Encouraging Barack Obama to choose the tuna salad over the chicken salad
• Designing posters/invitations and writing email marketing campaigns
• Balancing 13+ pints of beer on a tray
• Singing and dancing in a bunch of musicals
• Slinging shrimp at a Forrest Gump themed restaurant in Times Square
6. Dream creator(s) to work with: Meryl Streep, Kristen Wiig, Aidy Bryant, Greta Gerwig, Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Janelle Monae, Sara Bareilles, Vanessa Bayer, Kumail Nanjiani, Robert DeNiro, Chance the Rapper, Abbi Jacobson, Ilana Glazer, Will Smith, Beyonce, the late Gilda Radner, everyone at Whosay.
7. Favorite thing about advertising: I love how advertising runs on the fuel of group creativity – Working with like-minded people who understand how the puzzle fits together is pretty incredible to experience.
8. The most challenging aspect of the industry: Keeping up with the trends of the market and learning what all these acronyms mean.
9. Secret life hack: Iced coffee, it has magical powers.
10. Interesting fact about yourself: When I was little, I thought I could simultaneously be Mariah Carey and an Olympic figure skater. I skated competitively and played ice hockey (in a pink helmet) by day and belted out “Always Be My Baby” and the soundtrack of West Side Story by night.
11. Best advice you’ve ever received: “Failure is the greatest thing that can happen to you.” My favorite achievements and relationships have grown from the seeds of rejection and hardship. We need to be uncomfortable to learn and improve!
12. If you woke up tomorrow as an animal, what animal would you choose to be and why? Sloths seem like they have a pretty sweet life.
13. If you had your own late night talk show, who would you invite as your first guest? Betty White! She always finds a way to enjoy herself and she’s a beacon of light for women to be comfortable, creative, funny, and fearless regardless of all the shit being thrown our way.
14. If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep? Instagram, Tarot!, MoviePass
15. What are the last three emoji you used on your phone? 💗🤣🐿
Previously, in Getting to Know You:
Mike Swart, Head of Shopping Marketing
Lisa Bryant, Marketing Manager
Sam Jones, Master Storyteller
Kay Blair, Digital Media Buyer
Joel Ponce, Account Director
Josh Venkataraman, Campaign Activation Coordinator
Jenna Sereni, VP Marketing & Creative Services
Anthony 'Hootz' Taylor, Sr. Manager, Creative Services
Nate Anderson, Creative Lead
Sarah Gillman, Director, Activation & Branded Content
Stephen Glasco, Senior Account Manager
Margo Alvarez, Legal Coordinator
Jason Bowers, Head of Production
Daion Morton, Talent Coordinator, Diversity
Claire Bai, Media Analyst and Buyer
Eyal Vadai, Director of Direct Response