5 Things You Didn't Know About Me
- My mother, a schoolteacher, encouraged me to read books of all types my entire life.
- I love Africa and try to visit a couple of times a year. One of my favorite places is the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
- I record music both at home and when I'm on the road. In August 2013, I released an album called "Everything At Once".
- I am passionate about aviation & share my collection of vintage WWII aircraft publicly at the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, WA
- Jimi Hendrix, who is from my hometown of Seattle, is my biggest musical inspiration.
Investor and philanthropist Paul G. Allen has dedicated his life to tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges and redefining what’s possible. He co-founded Microsoft in 1975 and was the company’s chief technologist until 1983. Today Allen is exploring new frontiers and fueling discovery across a broad range of industries as the founder and chairman of Vulcan Inc., the Seattle-based company that oversees his business and philanthropic activities.
Motivated by his commitment to reinvent the world for the better, he supports innovative projects and curious initiatives that push boundaries, challenge the status quo, and help us answer the big “what ifs” of our time.