Faith is a regular contributor to CBS Sunday Morning and NPR’s Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me. She’s also a panelist on the new BBC America series, “Would You Rather…?” with Graham Norton. As a commentator on politics and current events, Faith appears on CNN, HLN, Anderson, Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show, OWN, and Fox News’ late-night talk show Red Eye. Faith is the co-host of the new public radio podcast, RelationShow—a slightly nerdy look at love, sex, and relationships.
She was the host of the host of Bravo’s The Approval Matrix and the Planet Green series Treehugger TV. She gave flirting lessons on the CW’s Plain Jane, and she’s entered the no-spin zone on The O’Reilly Factor.
Faith appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show as the ethics expert for O, the Oprah Magazine. She’s written for Oprah.com, Slate.com, and CNN.com and The Huffington Post.
She also presented Sundance Channel’s coverage of the Sundance Film Festival, conducting interviews with filmmakers and actors such as Robert Redford, Chris Rock, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Mo’Nique, Billy Bob Thornton, The Doors, Joan Rivers, Tilda Swinton, and Paul Giamatti. Faith starred in the critically-acclaimed improvisational sitcom, Significant Others on Bravo. She has appeared in gold lamé on Sex and the City and been beamed up on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine—landing herself on a Star Trek collectible trading card.
Faith serves as one of the moderators for the annual World Science Festival, leading panels with scientists such as Richard Leakey, V. S. Ramachandran, and Ray Kurzweil. She’s also hosted events at Comic-Con and the Boston Book Festival. To justify her subscriptions to Star and US Weekly, Faith offers pop-culture punditry on a variety of VH1 shows.
She was the host and co-executive producer of the national public radio show Fair Game from PRI with Faith Salie. During its 300 episode run, she conducted over 1,000 interviews with the likes of President Carter, Lorne Michaels, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Slash, Elizabeth Edwards, Norah Jones, Oliver Sacks, Tom Brokaw, and a family of champion elk callers.
Faith has asked:
• Joy Behar if Larry King’s chair has old man smell
• Lynne Cheney if her husband is cuddly
• Elizabeth Edwards what the presence of Secret Service does to a couple’s intimacy
• Joan Rivers if she’ll ever think she’s pretty enough
• John Bolton if he’ll ever surrender his moustache or if it’s an instrument of soft power
• Robert Redford if she can call him “Bob”
• Liam Neeson if he thinks what he does matters
• Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson what it feels like to die by black hole
• Micheal Keaton if he ever thinks he sucks
• Senator Bill Bradley if he’s been in therapy
• Jeff Daniels if he talks to God
• Tom Brokaw what makes him cry
• President Carter what his diplomacy means if he doesn’t officially represent the US government
• Sir Anthony Hopkins to recite Yeats and to perform his Elvis and Louis Armstrong imitations
• And she’s played hardball with Chris Matthews and Lou Dobbs
Faith graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Harvard after Princeton and Yale and Brown and rejected her. She received her Master’s degree in Modern Literature at Oxford University.