Debra Messing's Broadway Battle Scarsact at your own risk
Debra's latest project, "Outside Mullingar," is testing her mettle (and immune system).
Whoever thinks acting is easy certainly hasn't seen Debra Messing's latest battle scars. The former "Will & Grace" actress recently made her Broadway debut in "Outside Mullingar," a romantic comedy from writer John Patrick Shanley. Debra has been tackling her role with gusto, as evidenced by her behind-the-scenes posts from her dressing room. Of course, you can't tackle something without walking away with a few marks (and sniffles)—but that's nothing a little Meryl can't fix. Let's take a look below:
1. Makeup, pretty standard.
2. Ouch, not exactly what we'd expect from a romantic comedy. Now we feel kind of guilty telling Debra to "break a leg."
3. If bodily injury wasn't enough, Debra came down with a terrible cold (her steamer reminds us a little too much of Dennis Hopper from "Blue Velvet").
4. Luckily, she's fighting the good fight with vitamins and meds.
5. Alan Cumming even sent her a care package! Aww.
6. Just when we thought the worst was over...
7. Of course, nothing cures the common cold like a drop-in from Meryl Streep. Get well soon, Debra! And... don't break a leg this time!