7 Things You Didn't Know About Dane DeHaan
2014 is the year of BAFTA's Rising Star nominee Dane DeHann.
With a BAFTA nomination, an upcoming blockbuster action film, and a brand new modeling contract, 2014 promises to be the year of Dane DeHaan. Here are 7 facts you probably didn't know about the "In Treatment" actor:
1. He's Nominated for a BAFTA Award: The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) nominated Dan for a Rising Star Award as an actor who's "demonstrated exceptional talent" and is "destined to be [a] bright star in the future of cinema." Click here to vote for Dan DeHaan as this year's BAFTA's Rising Star winner. The awards will be announced on February 16.
2. He's the New Face of Prada: Dane was selected by Italian fashion house Prada, and photographer Annie Leibovitz, as the face of the 2014 Spring/Summer advertising campaign.
3. He Was "In Treatment": Dane DeHaan played Jesse, a teenager who's angry toward his adoptive family, peddles prescription drugs, and sleeps with older men, on Season 3 of the HBO drama "In Treatment."
4. He's Got Superpowers: Dane starred as Andrew Detmer, a troubled teen who ends up acquiring superpowers from a meteor, in the 2012 film "Chronicle"—the movie that made a star out of DeHaan.
5. He Has Hung Out With Werewolves and Vampires: Dane also played Timbo, a neglected teenager, on Season 4 of HBO's "True Blood."
6. He Co-starred With Daniel Radcliffe: Dane played the "dangerously alluring" Lucien Carr on John Krokidas 2013 drama "Kill Your Darlings." Carr is known for using and discarding people. His most famous victim? Allen Ginsberg, played by co-star Daniel Radcliffe (Dane and Daniel went on to become BFFs).
7. He'll Face the Amazing Spider-Man: In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" (May 2014), DeHaan plays heir to Oscorp, Harry Osborn, "a young man whose affluence disguises an impoverished soul."
More on WhoSay: