Diversity: Going on Tourlimitless
Get to know the popular group before their UK tour later this month.
Diversity, the UK's biggest dance troupe, is about to share something new. The group's tight choreography and flashy acrobatics earned them a victory on "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009 and put them in the national (and international) spotlight. Now, the eight-member ensemble has put together a fresh show and will soon embark on a UK tour, kicking off November 30 in Dublin. Here's a taste of what Diversity has been working on:
A show this visually impressive doesn't come together by accident. The group was kind enough to share some behind-the-scenes rehearsal photos leading up to the tour, as well as some fun factoids for new fans curious about Diversity's members. Take a look—you might learn something!
10 unknown facts about Diversity:
1. They have been dancing for 117 (combined) years.
2. The members' clothing sizes range from XXS to XXL—the full gamut.
3. They eat at Nando's (a UK spicy chicken restaurant chain) every day.
4. The average height of the group's members is 6'2".
5. They are a group of animal lovers--separately, they own 22 pets.
6. They're the only dance group to sell out the O2 London Arena.
7. Ike's full name is Ikechukwu Elechi Khayat Ezekwugo (try saying that five times fast).
8. Rehearsals for shows usually last up to 14 hours.
9. They own about 600 hats between everyone, not even including the ones they use for performances.
10. Before every performance, they circle up, say a prayer, then do a drum roll to psych themselves up.
Tickets are available now, so don't hesitate to snag yours while they last.
More in entertainment news:
- "The Vampire Diaries" Cast Celebrates 100th Episode
- In Step With Bill Engvall: the Q&A