14 Reasons Why We Love "Pretty Little Liars"
Find out why after five seasons, we're still hooked on "PLL," starring Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, and Troian Bellisario.
The fifth season of "Pretty Little Liars" has just begun, but already we're fully invested in Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna's latest storylines.
It may be written for a teenage audience, but we can't help but get caught up in the twists and turns, drama, and *sigh* ever-changing romances. If you haven't gotten into "PLL" yet, check out 14 reasons why we love the show so much:
1. It taps into our emotional side.
We're not ready to admit how many times we've cried along with these girls.
2. But the suspense keeps us guessing.
These girls have their "shocked" faces down to a science.
3. And there are plenty of steamy scenes to keep us hooked.
PG-rated, but sexy nonetheless.
4. It's based on a best-selling book series.
"PLL" is based on Sara Shepard's series of the same name, so there's no shortage interesting characters and literary references.
Only for "PLL" would we back a student-teacher relationship.
6. These girls are the true definition of BFFs.
"A" can try to break them up, but these girls have one another's backs.
7. The Liars aren't dumb.
Spencer may be the bookworm, but all of the girls are clever in their own way.
8. And they're not afraid of authority figures.
Teachers, policemen, detectives...no one is too tough for these girls.
9. We love seeing a gay protagonist who isn't one dimensional.
And we're even happier that it's Shay Mitchell.
10. There are a few of those "mean girls" that we all remember from high school.
But we're never really sure who's actually mean and who's just pretending.
11. All of the guys in Rosewood are cute.
Caleb, Ezra, Ezra's brother (played by Gregg Sulkin), Toby, Jason DiLaurentis, Noel Kahn, Wren...we could keep going.
12. And they spend a fair amount of time with their shirts off.
Thanks, ABC Family.
13. It's a break from boring ol' reality.
You've got to suspend your disbelief for "PLL," but it's entirely worth it.
14. Alison is a true enigma.
Is she good or bad? Is she "A"? Only time will tell.
"Pretty Little Liars" was renewed for a sixth and seventh season, so there's still plenty of drama to look forward to over the next couple of years.
We can't wait to see what type of lies Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna tell next.
Cover image credit: Facebook/PrettyLittleLiars
More on WhoSay:
- Reese Reveals Sofia's Character in "Don't Mess With Texas"
- Get Schooled with "Xploration Station," Premiering This Fall on FOX